Friday, July 3, 2009

New water source! Pt. 2

Well, I was gonna save all this for one post, but it's becoming a bit time-consuming.

M got back the water analysis, and except for all the sediment it looks like we punched a hole in an aquifer with the sweetest, least-toxic water in the western hemisphere. So it's time to go for it.

M and I want to set up the pump for the new well so that we can try to pump it clear, but first we needed a place to put the controller and the solar panel. So step one is the wellhouse.


Made a quicky foundation from block and planted the anchor bolts. We didn't quite have enough concrete from the Lair's foundation pour to finish filling the blocks (I guessed pretty close to right!) We'll have to fill in a bit later.



Then M built the frame for the wellhouse while we waited for the concrete to set up, and we transported it to the site.


Then we hung the door and sheathed the walls till we, er, ran out of plywood. Ah, well: We still have the material for the roof, which we didn't put up because it got too bloody hot, but that'll only take a bit and then we can start setting up machinery.

Once we start pumping, we'll send the water down the little gully behind my new lair and I'll see how much rock I need to move to get the damned stuff to stay in its channel and stop flowing right under my cabin, mud and all. Updates to follow!

No comments: