Wednesday, October 6, 2010

And then, depression set in.

So I got the engine running on the tractor. Yay me. Took long enough, but then I was just doing it in spare minutes, right? Not my tractor.

But then, having let it warm up through posting the previous, er, post, I go outside to play with it a bit. Take off the trickle charger, rescue my wrenches, swing the battery tray back over the engine.

Close the hood.

Climb into the seat.

Goose the throttle once or twice: Nice and smooth now.

Run the scoop up so it'll roll.

Engage the clutch. (Hm! That's a mighty easy clutch!)

Attempt to put it in gear. (GRIND)

Attempt to put it into another gear. (GRIND)

Hmm. I think maybe we got snookered.

4 comments:

Mayberry said...

Ah, things mechanical... They never let you off easy! Hopefully it's just a linkage problem...

CorbinKale said...

A good Jerk line should fix it. Did it? lol

Anonymous said...

Might need to double clutch that thing.

suek said...

I always start with the very simple stuff - and if that doesn't work, find someone who actually knows what they're doing.

So...you've checked the tranny fluid????