Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Now that I've got THAT out of my system...

The dogs have been very patient with me so far this morning, but I can tell by the way they twitch every time I engage in an act of pandiculation (:-) word of the day!) that my quiet time is coming to an end. I promised them something good, and I'd better deliver.

Yesterday evening, in one of those serendipitous accidents that can happen when you turn right instead of left, I found a way around a big obstacle in one of the little rock canyons I love to poke around in. I promised we'd go back in this morning when we'd time for a proper bash, and we're going to right after I finish this.

I woke this morning to utter calm; the dogs were snoring all around me and Butch had spent the whole night snuggling against my chest under the blankets. The moon has waned until the scene outside my lair was almost completely dark. Ice laced my windows as I lit the stove for another morning. I spent two blessed hours with coffee and Harry Potter, and then...

And then I went into the barn where I keep the 'pooter, and the very first fricking thing it wanted to talk about was Coronation Day. I'd honestly forgotten.

Well, you know what? I'm going to keep right on forgetting. I'm going to turn this thing off right now, fill a canteen, put on my gloves and my pistol, and the boys and I are going for the mother of all rock-crawls.

Your choice, of course, but personally I suggest you do something similar.

Illegitimi non carborundum
, dudes and dudettes.

3 comments:

PintofStout said...

I wish I was rock crawling.

Anonymous said...

You must visit different websites than I do. I kept expecting a barrage of Obamination Coronation BS all day yesterday, but saw almost nothing. Not even Yahoo news, and there's not much more today. Weird.

But I agree about getting away. I can't climb rocks, but I did go to town and do some shopping. The local store is totally out of all ammo but shotgun shells, and only 12 guage at that. GRRRR

Joel said...

To tell the truth, ML, I did almost no blog-crawling at all yesterday; actually kept to my vow to stay away from the intertubz entirely (any vow to abstain from TV or radio would be pretty meaningless) :-)

But yeah - the first thing I did yesterday was log on to TMM, and the first thread I saw in GD was about the coronation. Then I visited my secret sin, Reason, which wanted to talk about...you know. On a whim I Photoshopped the picture I posted, and then I shut the damned thing off and went for a (very) long walk with the boys.