Monday, February 2, 2009

Hope and Change, Pt. 5

Continued from here.

Begins here.

It’s all about power. But authority without the means to enforce your wishes isn’t really power at all. So in the end, it’s really all about money. And money, as we all know, has been much in the news lately.

The debt accumulated by this government defies comprehension. The numbers involved are literally astronomical; so incredibly vast as to be meaningless. We are told that this is “public debt,” incurred for our benefit, and that we are responsible for servicing it. But how can this be so? Did you agree to any of it? Do you have a copy of the contract you signed? I’d love to see one. I know I never made any such agreement, but somehow I’m supposed to believe that I’m also responsible for it.

Well, I don’t believe it. And neither should you. And that brings us to the point of all these words. At some point, the astronomical heaps of money in the governmental Ponzi scheme will come crashing down; this debt could never conceivably be paid. People who have put themselves at the economic mercy of the government will suffer for it, and their numbers are not small. I’m not (just) talking about welfare whores and government workers here; millions of otherwise perfectly productive and honest people bought the promises of Social Security and are now trapped in that system, having paid such huge proportions of their income all their lives that they never built a cushion of wealth for themselves. The monthly checks those people receive won’t stop, but at some point the value of the checks won’t be enough to buy bread. I feel very badly for those people, but I didn’t do it to them. They bought into a lie; it wasn’t my lie. I don’t want to suffer with them, and I don’t want to suffer for them.

I don’t want you to do so, either. A very real possibility exists that the value of the American Dollar will collapse, maybe very soon. What I am suggesting is that you regard this not as a terrifying disaster, but as a terrifying opportunity. What I am suggesting is that we hurry it along – that we get it over with.

I’m not a huge Ayn Rand fan, but she did popularize some intriguing concepts. One that I’ve been thinking about a lot is the Sanction of the Victim. We the people of this country have been the victims of the individuals who comprise this government and who carry out all its schemes. In the end, it’s only the sanction of the victim that gives an oppressor his power. I suggest that, to whatever extent you can bring yourself to do so, you remove that sanction. Let the SOB fall. And get out of his way while he does it.

“Get out of her, my people,” wrote the Apostle John, “if you do not wish to share in the consequences of her sins.” Take a good, hard incisive look at the ways you prop up this hateful regime; through your money, through your reflexive obedience, through your participation. If a single word I’ve said here rings true, to what extent can you get out of her?

To be concluded (this time for real. Seriously! I already wrote it, so I know)...

No comments: