Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I keep promising myself a new pair of boots...

...and I keep coming home without them. Before leaving The Place I made several stops and loaded up on stuff. Unfortunately only then did I check my account balance and found that I could no longer afford what I wanted, so once again no boots. One day, before my toes actually come out through the soles.

But I did get a new hood for the barn's furnace, courtesy of my landlady. This meant I needed to get a wall register. I also needed some shingles for the generator canopy, and really wanted to bring home rebar for the cabin's footer. Then there was a really serious supermarket on the way home (Look at all this FOOD!!) where I truly and greedily tanked up on fruit and a few more staples. Since none of this would actually fit in the little Jeep, it was necessary to drive 300 miles with the windows, er, bulging here and there.

[Image Removed]

But everything made it home undamaged.

No comments: