Sunday, February 15, 2009

Yeah, sorry about that...

Sometimes, as CM said, even us hermity types get busy.

Landlady was due this weekend, and Friday was basically just one of those days when nothing worth - or even seemingly worth - blogging occurred to me. So there's a couple of empty days for which I apologize to anyone who cares.

Very pleasant weekend, though. The landlady's visits are the only time I ever get to cook for someone else, which is a treat. Plus eating actual real-people-type meals is a treat, since I usually don't bother for myself. This weekend there was some talk about my nutrition, or possibly malnutrition.

We got a bunch of chores done. There's a trailer that's been overflowing with junk since I cleaned up some stuff and demolished the old wellhouse, and we took all that to the dump on Saturday. A trip to town, where we got some mulch for the fruit trees and made a few other stops. In this town it's basically impossible to buy fuel on a weekend, but that's okay since I topped off just two weeks ago and haven't completely emptied a single tank or can since then. Next weekend I'll be taking a longer trip, and there'll be time to worry about it then. Then we spent some time working on the barn's workshop, which is very slowly beginning to resemble an actual workspace instead of a room containing random things. Very soon there'll be a real furnace making real heat and a real water heater making real hot water which in turn opens the way for a REAL SHOWER. Conventionally rigorous personal hygiene: what a concept. I have a shower in the lair, but only about five gallons of hot water at a time which makes showers rather rushed and unsatisfying affairs. Plus in the winter it's just too frickin' cold to do more than sponge-bathe. Visits to the city that involve actual townie showers are worth it for that reason along. Looking forward to having one of our own.

On that trip to the city, I'm afraid Butch the Cat will be joining me and he's not going to like it. He has taken to expressing his rampant maleness in the one way I'm just not prepared to put up with, IE spraying inside the lair. Nope, not having that. So I can take him out and shoot him behind a tree, or I can take him to a vet and get his balls cut off. Not sure which I'd choose if it were me, but I know which I'm choosing for him.

Anyway, more later.

No comments: