Monday, March 2, 2009

Dog Boy to the Rescue!

An insanely beautiful day. I've got work half-done all over the place and really should be at it while the sun shines, but this morning's walky got a little crazy. Down to the wash, turned right instead of left and through the scrub inside the Big Loop. Then up toward the Branch and south to the neighbor's parcel, looking for petrified wood. Remembered I'd promised to get S the Road Guy to look at the parcel and give me a price for installing some culvert, so we walked overland to the road and up to the farthest crossover. Altogether we probably walked six or seven miles this morning, which is farther than I can walk without pain. Ended up sharing my canteen with the big guys; Ghost either can't get the hang of drinking from a trickle or just distains to do so.



Saw a bunch of camera-worthy things this morning, but the thing I should have seen was a fresh set of batteries. This was the camera's last gasp, rather early in the morning. By the end, not even Ghost was running anywhere.

I'm going to join the boys in a nap now.

No comments: