Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ghost hurt himself yesterday afternoon

One thing I've never even come close to breaking Ghost of is chasing trucks. He just loves it so, he won't listen to me at all and I've always been terrified he was going to get hurt. Well, maybe this will teach him a lesson.

He came back on three legs, and my spine went cold. He's not one to milk an injury. But it appears he just snagged a hind claw. He's still not putting much weight on it, though. I loaded him into the Jeep this morning and took him to D&L's place for a second opinion, because L knows a lot more about animals than I do. She confirmed my opinion that it's nothing serious.

Maybe this will cause him to think twice next time. I doubt it, but maybe.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dogs are just like people, there is almost nothing you can do to stop them (or change behavior) from doing something self destructive if they get a thrill from it.