Wednesday, May 20, 2009

White flowers?

C.M. wrote yesterday:
If I may be so bold what kind of flowers/weeds are those tufts of white flowers?
Well...

I think you mean these:


And I'm not sure they qualify as flowers at all, plus I have no idea what they are. So - er - Well, I don't know.

These are kinda cool, though. The little cacti, the only ones we have around here, usually only produce one or two blossoms each but some of them are going crazy this spring. Maybe it's the sudden weather change - we had a couple extra months of winter, then just went straight to summer. Not really knowing, I'm gonna go ahead and guess that that's the reason for the red-flower explosion.



And the guys say hi!

3 comments:

, said...

Thanks Joel,

They sort of look a we bit like spent dandelion fluff to me. The cactus are beautiful too, thanks for sharing.

Jac said...

Has Little Bear found out how fun cacti are yet? :)

Joel said...

Not yet. Only a matter of time, though. Given his propensity for chewing things and his generally fearless nature, I expect to hear agonized yaps before I'm done typing this.