Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Looks like the rain went away...


Nobody could decide whether the Monsoon came early, or the April rain came late. I'm still not making any bets, but yesterday we didn't get anything but relatively light clouds and so far this morning it's gorgeous. Another week of this and we may have to start fighting off Californians.

For walky time we avoided the road entirely, crossed the wash and went up the side of the neighboring ridge where there's a shallow well and old windmill in the low ground. Seven AM and already getting warm, the boys had a good time hugging the shadows, digging in under junipers every time I paused.


On that note, LB needs to learn not to get quite so much into his work.


Stuff to do today; there's a pile of trash for the dump right where the big propane tank is supposed to go, feeding gas to the barn. I've been told that today the propane guy might show up; the chances of that actually happening are right up there with Al Gore becoming Field Marshal of the Montana Militia, but on the other hand it's guaranteed if I'm not ready for him. So I've got the trash trailer backed up and ready to load, and then I'll clean out the trench that's pretty much been weather-filled since I dug it lo these many months ago.

No comments: