Monday, August 17, 2009

Framing Party! Final Edition

No pix today, because I didn't have/take the time to take pictures, and even if I did I'd be too tired to Photoshop them into submission. Eleven hours today. But we're done with this phase.

I'm tired. M and W are tired. The Secret Lair's shell is finished. Eleven hours on site, and we got all the wall sheathing and the roof plywood in place. Thank You Jaysus that S let us use his compressor and nail gun, and that M scrounged nearly a whole box of framing nails for it, because - well, damn.

Another reason for no pix is that there's really nothing good to see: All the window openings are covered with OSB, and will remain so for some time. Now all the strenuous activity moves back to M's site, which is not far from mine and involves things like building inspectors. For the nonce it's important that the Lair go into stealth mode and just look like a utility building, which does not require the permit that it does not, in fact, possess.

I'm going to drag myself to the shower now, and then probably collapse somewhere between it and my bed.

No comments: