Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ve are ready to begin der operation!

Put the floor on The Secret Lair today, in anticipation of the wall-raising party scheduled for Saturday. It's taken me a month to get all the lumber I need, after having determined that the scavenged stuff I had wasn't nearly going to cut it.

We're gonna have fun, weather permitting. Seven people confirmed, three possibles, and S is bringing his compressor and nailgun which will speed things up in a very welcome way. Barbecue for lunch!

Naturally, we didn't even have the OSB panels screwed down when it started to thunder: First rain in weeks, and it happened on Floor Day right on schedule. I was KIDDING when I said laying the floor would usher in the monsoon! KIDDING!

Been raining off and on all afternoon, and I'm afraid to look at the forecast for Saturday. Not that the forecast is ever right...

Thank god I never threw away that big piece of plastic I nearly killed the apricot tree with in early spring, because I sure needed it today. Had to patch a lot of holes, but it's the only waterproof thing I have big enough to keep the rain off.

No comments: