Wednesday, November 4, 2009

And speaking of songs...

Yes, I know this is silly. I often pride myself on my serious nature, while sometimes embracing the silliest things you can imagine. One of the silliest things I can imagine is being a fanboy for a failed TV series, but I most certainly am. And there is this tribute to that particular series, a song called "Mal's Song," that has always resonated with me.

Mal Reynolds, in the series, was a man of faith and conviction who lost everything, including his faith and his conviction. As a way to survive his loss, he went the opposite way - he wanted to ride outside the borders of his society so that he might live his life the way he wanted, free of outside constraints. Though it caused him no end of trouble, he mostly got what he sought. Minus the spaceship and (so far) the violence, my life has been kinda like that.

No comments: