Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Let's talk about the weather.

Sunday, while the Landlady was still here, the weather got cloudy and blustery and the temperature started to fall. Yesterday was just friggin' miserable - cold with horizontal snow flurries. I couldn't leave W's door propped open because the wind and snow were coming from the north, and ended up in his lair watching a movie with his dogs during the afternoon.

Sometime after dark the sky cleared, and the temperature crashed. I woke up a little after midnight, let the boys out before I looked at the clock, and could barely get the door open. The windows were already growing ice flowers. I had to turn the heater on, and the lair stayed so cold I never did get deeply back to sleep.

And this morning...well, I still have hope the temperature will rise to the point where I can get something done. I've got a trailer-full of Organic! All-Natural! fertilizer than needs to be spread before I go shovel shit tomorrow. When I went to rescue W's dogs this morning, Beauty came with me like she usually does and then when I got to my door I nearly tripped over Redgirl who'd done a stealth approach between my feet. I've been leaving W's stove on with the door propped open, but I gather that last night it didn't really cut it. Practically had to pry his door open.

Winter's back. Yuck.

No comments: