Sunday, February 28, 2010

Oh, holy crap!

Weird weather today. Rain off and on ... rain? Well, it probably would have been snow flurries if it were a bit colder. No biggee, thought I, though I had almost two weeks' worth of laundry on the line that was surely not going to get dry today.

A while back we went for our afternoon walky and there was a dark line on the horizon. Looked like bad rain, but it was in the north so I didn't give it much thought. When we got back I put Beauty on her cable and brought the boys into the lair.

Then a few minutes ago I heard...thunder. Big-time. I went out to rescue Beauty, got W's dogs squared away, came outside...looked to the north, where that black line wasn't on the horizon anymore, and it wasn't a line. It was half the sky, flashing like the Day of Judgment, with dark streamers below it. Massive rainstorm, coming now.

Oh, man. I'd given up on the laundry ever getting dry, but this would have it wet and also in Nebraska. Ran around with hampers, shoved it back in the workshop where it had begun its day, still wet. Now the boys and I are warm and dry, with rain pounding the roof and flashies all around. Weird.

No comments: