Thursday, March 25, 2010

And the winner for Best Cover Ever goes to...

I don't care that you don't like country. This has always had my vote for Textbook Example of How a Cover Version Should Be Done. You can like the original and the cover for entirely different reasons, and be right both times.



UPDATE: W called to say that Stevens' version sucks beyond the normally-accepted bounds of suckage, and that I should never comment on any musical topic at all, ever again. The man ain't got no culture.

3 comments:

Tahn said...

No offense to W but I love Rays cover, unless you're slow dancing with "WANT" of course. Thanks Joel.

Joel said...

For her, I'd learn to dance.

Uncle W. said...

What W. specifically said is that Ray Stevens' version of "Misty" is as plain hideously wrong as William Shatner singing "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds."

And W. stands by his opinion. You guys have been living in the boonies too long.