Monday, March 15, 2010

Mad as hell. Not going to take it anymore.

I understand that winter is supposed to be cold. I have no philosophical objection to winter being cold, anymore than with water being wet.

But is water wet sometimes, and sometimes dry, depending on its mood? I think not. I think that if we encountered a situation in which water appeared to be dry, we would quite properly interpret that as water being, in fact, not dry but absent.

So if (just to use a completely hypothetical case for rhetorical effect, you see, no actual days are expressed or implied) last Saturday we had a day so mild that we were working outside very comfortably in a t-shirt, we could perhaps be forgiven for not expecting the following night's goddam snowstorm. Nor the grey, freezing weather of the subsequent two days. Because that would be irrational.

So, yeah. Not taking it any more. Just saying.

Seriously. A strongly-worded letter to my Congressman may well be in the offing. When driven by such absurd unfairness, I am capable of extremes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just east of you in another high desert plain ... and I second your sentiments about the goddamn snow.

I will add my signature to the letter to your congressman.

Cheers.

Kevin Wilmeth said...

Y'all can feel free to send the snow on up to me. I didn't come to Alaska for the heat! :-)

The Grey Lady said...

I feel your pain Joel, today was 15 glorious degrees, not exactly t-shirt weather but a stunning day, but the radio babbled about some far off distant HUGE snow storm and sub zero temps off in the not too distant future. I already broke up with winter but he isn't listening, perhaps a restraining order is the next step.