Monday, April 12, 2010

Got me a new holster today...



For the past three+ years I've lived here, I've used a Galco pancake holster that never really suited me. It was more appropriate in the state I lived in before, where you never, ever open carried but sometimes, like when driving long distances, an IWB holster was too uncomfortable. But I never liked the forward rake or the high ride, the leather was too thin and flexible and it would never stay still on my belt. Not a bad holster, just not right for me. Still, you use what you got and it never seemed worth it to shop for a different holster.

This one's genuine tax-eater quality; the best your money can buy. A fellow at the flea market had a bunch of them, and I didn't ask where they came from but I'm gonna go ahead and guess they were liberated from a room fulla obsolete gear. He had some that were shinier than this one, probably never issued, but I don't like my everyday gear too shiny. Then I sweat the scratches, y'know?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The gun and holster look like a match made in heaven.

Jac said...

How'd you get my pistol?!