Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's not that I disagree with him on any particular point...

It's just that I wonder why he spends so much of his life in such high dudgeon.

Billy Beck gets a lot of quote time in the freedomista blogoverse, because he's so damned quotable. I do worry, though, that he's going to blow a major vessel at some point. Here he's upset because Bill (Meaning of "is") Clinton seems to have paraphrased him...
Here is a word for that despicable person: I am "a Southerner", too, you strutting ignoramus. I was born in Little Rock, and my mother graduated Central High School six years before Eisenhower finally saw fit to roll out the National Guard. Don't even try to hand me your threadbare sanctimony about "paying" for the Civil War. For many reasons which I will not attempt to relate to you, I am quite beyond your ex cathedra pose in the matter. You have nothing to say to me. Sit down and shut your insipid mouth.
I have to admit, I'd be delighted if Bill Clinton or someone equally contemptible chose to disparagingly quote me. It would make my year. It would be ever so affirming to have such people acknowledge me as an enemy. In my perfect state of mind - rarely achieved, I admit - I barely acknowledge them at all.

No comments: