Monday, July 12, 2010

Yes, we have progress!



Claire and I got the front door roughed in yesterday. Today I...well, failed to completely finish it because it just isn't sitting in its frame exactly right. But it doesn't bind any more, so I'm making progress. I don't have a doorknob set for it, but I do have a deadbolt so I went ahead and installed it so the door would stay shut. Got almost all the sheathing done that's been missing in the door corner for forever. I need to swipe a bit of scrap from Landlady's house, for that bit above the door; when I got to that part I was completely out of OSB scrap big enough. Still, this is the first day you'd have to break in to get in without a key, which I guess means the Secret Lair is officially closed up! A red-letter day.

And then I started working on the interior paneling on the long (kitchen) wall. That's going to take quite a bit more time. I've only got six courses up so far, but oh is it going to look nice when I'm finished! 8^)

I'll probably go ahead and finish the paneling, and then do the project I've been putting off, which is to build the interior walls for the bathroom. It's no big deal, I just really don't enjoy framing. But once the long wall is finished there's no further way to delay because I need those walls up.

All in all, a good day!

1 comment:

Trey said...

Sorry, this has nothing to do with your latest message, but I can't find your email anywhere.

I know you are a fan, so I wanted to bring this to your attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuEfGbj9qS4&feature=related

I thought it was pretty good and shiny!

BTW, your abode looks great, and I've never had much luck hanging doors. I am sure you will do better than I've done.

Thanks, Trey ~