Monday, August 2, 2010

Sometimes I think I'm not too tightly wrapped...

So I'm hauling my shit-wagon up hill and down dale, shoving horses out of the way so I can get to their offerings. Most people would not find this a particularly appealing way to spend a morning; in fact people pay me to do it for them because they'd rather not do it themselves. But maybe halfway through I start getting this song in my head (to the tune of the Wassail song):

Here we go shit-shoveling across the dusty plain
Here we go shit-shoveling in sunshine and in rain
Horses shit – Constantly!
And that's very good for me
For it keeps me in flour, rice and beans from day to day
Yes, it keeps me in flour, rice and beans!

I am not a beggar living on the rulers' dole
Or working in an office in a gray upholstered hole
Raise your tails, ladies, do!
And I'll scoop behind you too
For it keeps me in sugar, coffee, cigarettes and brew
Doggie snacks, bourbon, cigarettes and brew!

Never quite got to a third verse.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're very creative, Joel. :)

Never thought I'd say that regarding a song about, um, road-apple-shoveling, but then again, I did write lyrics about my daughter's dirty diaper to the tune of "Bohemian Rhapsody"....

Joel said...

Hee hee...

I made up a song on the same theme, to the tune of "California Here I Come."

I'll spare you the lyrics.