Thursday, September 9, 2010

Arming the Enemy

Another reason not to buy Glocks? We report, you decide.

Once I got over my "steel-frame only" dinosaur mindset, my only objection to Glocks was that they were butt-ugly. Nobody can reasonably cling to the fantasy that they're not perfectly reliable pistols, because they are. But they're still about as pretty as a mud wall.

Still - and even though I recognize that it's none of my business - I do wish gun manufacturers would stop selling to their natural enemies...and mine.

I'm capable of taking this to absurd extremes, which I don't try to advocate to others. For example, I crave an OKC RAT-3 knife, even though my $30 Gerber Freeman is perfectly suitable. RATs are sexier.

But I don't own one, because RATs are associated (in my mind, at least) with these people, who proudly advertise themselves as an "ATF Licensed Vendor"......which isn't a huge plus in my book. I just really, really hate the ATF and what it's done to abuse shooters over the decades. How anybody who does business with shooters can bring themselves to advertise - let alone have - an association with the shooters' sworn enemy...

Well, it is a puzzlement.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll console myself with the knowledge that my dead enemy's ammo & mags will work just fine in MY pistol.

III

The Grey Lady said...

I can't decide...my government has already done that for me and they said NO to everyone, thats cool that it's not "personal".

Pat H. said...

Take a look at Extrema Ratio Knives for interesting blades. I have one of their NATO standard bayonets and can say that the quality is second to none.