Monday, September 27, 2010

Whoo! And also Hoo!


If you're not familiar with the Hardyville columns, you're in for a treat. It was a long-standing feature of Claire's columns that she decided to bring to an end a couple of years ago, and that I feared would fade away forever. But now she and Backwoods Home have revived some version of them in book form, and I'm a'gonna get me one as soon as I figure out a mailing address to send it to. Especially if you haven't read the columns, I can strongly recommend this book even though I haven't actually seen it yet.

4 comments:

suek said...

Wouldn't "General Delivery" at your local post office work? You'd have to go pick it up, and you'd probably have to inquire about how long they'd hold it so you'd know the limits, but I think all post offices still have GD...

suek said...

PS...

How's Paulo doing? Gelding mature stallions (over 6 years or so) can be rough on them. Problems with excessive bleeding, swelling...that sort of thing.

Joel said...

Physically, Paulo appears to be fine. I just got back from there. He looked pretty rough Saturday, of course. But he's up and moving around without apparent distress. I can't say it's significant yet, but today he was certainly much more...subdued.

Anonymous said...

Cool, I have been waiting for this. Thanks Joel! Mine is ordered and on the way.
Wyomiles