Saturday, October 16, 2010

And ... we're three for three.

It's gotten to be a running joke. In M's Dome, the toilet drain was set too close to the bathroom wall. In the Meadow House, the toilet drain was set too close to the bathroom wall.

Ha ha! I laughed at them with scorn, for my cabin's design meant I could install the drain pipe after the position of the bathroom wall was well and truly known, meaning that there was no way the toilet wouldn't fit in the space once I'd installed the drain. No way.

Today I installed the toilet. Like most everything else in the cabin it's salvaged, which meant I mounted the throne on the drain flange and then went outside to replace all the weathered and broken gaskets and plumbing bits inside the tank.

Then I mounted the tank onto the toilet.

Which is about an inch too close to the wall.

Bother.

Well, but ... Mine's easier to fix, though!

No comments: