Monday, November 8, 2010

That went well.


Yesterday after our Sunday Morning Concrete-Schlepping session, M drove Gulchendiggensmoothen down the wash to the Lair's meadow. After an adventurous trip 20 feet from the wash to the meadow, he got a start on digging out the Lair's septic pit. But it was already after noon, and he and Landlady needed to go back to the city so he left the tractor in the meadow.

He's such a trusting soul.

The biggest problem for a neophyte who's looking forward to playing with a full-sized backhoe is that it really doesn't take very long to dig a big hole with it. So I went around and fiddled with the leach trench. That didn't take long, either. So I...decided to work on that perilous approach from the wash. That took a bit longer, but I was still having fun when I finally ran out of legitimately useful things to accomplish and parked it.

Now I have to get to work actually grading the trenches and assembling the septic system. It would seem ever so much more meaningful if I possessed a functional toilet to use it with. But these things work themselves out.

No comments: