Wednesday, November 17, 2010

This is not the result I was looking for.

A couple of weeks ago I signed the blog up for something called "Survival Ring," in hope of directing more traffic here. It hasn't had any good result, but I just got a comment from The Grey Lady:
Joel I had a devil of a time getting onto your blog today, when I used my bookmark I kept getting redirected to this:

http://www.webring.org/hub?ring=survivalring
This is the first such complaint I've received, but that doesn't mean people aren't having trouble. If you are, would you please respond here? If this isn't some momentary glitch, I'll bump that bit of code right the hell off the blog.

8 comments:

Weetabix said...

No problems here. Never even noticed it.

(I know you asked for responses from people with problems, but I figure a "no problem" response also provides data for troubleshooting.)

Anonymous said...

That happened to me once on Wednesday, but the 2nd time, it came right here like always.

The Grey Lady said...

Perhaps a momentary glitch? This time my book mark worked as it should. Fingers crossed....

Phil said...

I never have a problem because I come here from that crazy bastard Mayberry's place. I have been too lazy to bookmark ya myself. I guess I'll have to do that now.

Pat H. said...

A weird thing is that I can't post comments over on the Grey Lady's blog, it's yet another troubled blog. A friend of mine had one like that.

The Grey Lady said...

Excuse me Joel,

Pat,

What????????

You can't post comments at my blog????!!!

First I have heard of it, could you explain what the problem was?

suek said...

>>First I have heard of it, could you explain what the problem was?>>

Pat probably would have - if Pat could comment!!

Sorry...that just struck me as really funny...!!

Anonymous said...

I hate the webring thing. I must have accidentally clicked it when trying for "older posts" and couldn't get back to where I wanted to be at all. I had to completely retype the blog name in the browser and start over.

Love your blog, though. I stop in every few months to read everything and catch up with the lair's progress.