Thursday, January 20, 2011

OMG, I know the guy!

Well, I don't actually know him, but it still hits kinda close to home. I wondered yesterday why one of my favorite daily reads was down. Now I know.

I've linked often to posts from a blog called "Dispatches from TJICistan." Turns out he was the guy I blogged about yesterday. I thought that name sounded familiar, but in my mind he's just TJIC.


Damn right.  Hope you're well, Travis.  I feel bad about missing that yesterday.  Come back soon.

BTW, read Borepatch's post about it, linked above.  It's excellent and I won't repeat it here.

UPDATE:  Thanks to a commenter on Claire's blog, here's a screencap of the horrid, offensive post.

4 comments:

TJIC said...

Thanks for your support, Joel!

Anonymous said...

I know this has been suggested and there are reasons but leave that place.

Joel said...

I spent years in Socal listening to people on the intertubz saying that to me, like I was somehow not doing my duty by staying there. I had a reason, the reason had a duration, and when the reason was done I left. It ain't nobody's business what you do, or where you live.

TJIC said...

> I had a reason, the reason had a duration, and when the reason was done I left. It ain't nobody's business what you do, or where you live.

Well said.

I've got two godkids that I'm very VERY close to. I see them multiple times a week, and try to do my part to bring them up.

There may come a time to leave MA ... but for now, I'd rather not retreat and write this state off to the enemy.