Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Aren't speeches supposed to have semantic content?

Rather than just words? I now know that Obama thinks it's very important for me to pay for other people's health care and for bombing far-away brown people. I also know Obama thinks taxpayers aren't being raped hard enough. But I already knew that. I was looking for some specifics - silly me - and all I got was argle-bargle. He's gonna save four trillion dollars, surprisingly planning to deliver this miracle over a period that exceeds his maximum term in office. How? He really doesn't say, but it's not by cutting any of the things government shouldn't be doing. No doubt the same way he saved or created all those millions of jobs a while back.

I deeply regret my uncharacteristic decision to read the transcript.

No comments: