Tuesday, April 19, 2011

"I'm trying to think of a creature less suited to live here..."

"...and it's just...not...coming..."




GC Guy's mom came for a visit, and brought her slavering beast. As you can tell from the background this isn't the actual dog - I didn't have a camera with me. But it looks just like this, except a deeper shade of copper.

Her name is Dolly. She hurts her feet on the rocks. She promptly got sick unto death from some form of toxemia, probably (vet speculation) from eating mouse droppings. Heaven knows she couldn't have eaten the entire mouse, because I don't think her mouth opens that wide. Fortunately a round of antibiotics took care of it.

I've got some other friends with a Pomeranian, and he thinks he's an axe-handle wide across the shoulders. But this little thing - cute, sure, but I don't know...

Fortunately they've sense enough to keep her indoors.

4 comments:

Carl Bussjaeger said...

"She hurts her feet on the rocks."

Are you sure it has feet? I mean...

That looks like a tribble. A post-quadratricale gorge tribble.

Matt said...

Coyote would be coughin' up hair for a month...

Joel said...

She has feet. I can't prove it, but I've seen them.

Tiny, tiny feet. With which she minces painfully across a gravel yard.

Anonymous said...

My aunt has a frilly little half-poodle dog kinda like that. This dog is like their kid...they're always going on about what a tough little dog it is because it goes on fishing trips with them and stuff but as far as I'm concerned any dog that owns more clothes than I do is automatically disqualified from being "a tough little guy"....and, I kid you not, they carry the thing up stairs because "we wouldn't want him to get hurt" =/

Well...I have this pekingese, he's like a tiny bulldog with extra-long fur. And he's only got 3 legs. He may have a little trouble getting around but he tears into any dog that looks at him funny, no matter it's size.

Guess who came over to visit this week while his owners went on a trip? And guess which 3-legged creature made him into his personal full-time prison bitch? Yep...