Saturday, June 25, 2011

Forgotten Weapons

This looks like a good place to plug my friend Ian's site Forgotten Weapons. I've mentioned it here before. He covers a lot of old, obscure designs, provides scans of old manuals, that sort of thing. Lately, though, he has gotten hands-on access to working firearms. So he's graduated to doing videos. If you're into that sort of thing, check it out.



ETA: Well, almost working firearms. He made the mistake of comparing this one favorably to the M14, so the Prophet Garand spanked him from on high.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joel,

Ian clearly speaks heresy. He claims(blasphemously) that that czech thing could equal or replace an M-14.
I hereby task you with taking up the tongs,coals and pear of anguish.
Clearly he has sinned!

Buck,
Grand Bishop of the Order of the Immaculate M1A.

Joel said...

How many times did you watch it jam? Clearly his blasphemies have brought their own reward from on high, and do not need me to add to it.

Anonymous said...

Well. There is that. I still say he should be made to live with trendy little purse dogs.


Buck.

Ian said...

If you guys could shoot it, you'd appreciate the M14 similarities...all the class and style of the M14, without the terrible H&R QC.

Need I remind you that the M14 was designed by a Canadian?

Anonymous said...

I wuz my Garands! Heavier than sin though. Last one I bought was in 1992, they have gone up in price since then. :^)

If you need a box magazine, you need to learn to aim better and make your shots count. And if they are that close, thats where AKs come into play.

Just stirring the pot, lol . . .

Anonymous said...

"Need I remind you that the M14 was designed by a Canadian?"

That's IT! No more Mr. Nice Guy......Joel....get that man a Bichon Frise!


Buck.