Friday, June 24, 2011

I won't be packing it on any camping trips...

The thing weighs a ton. But after the ninja bear incidents of a couple of weeks ago I thought I'd better upgrade my lighting situation, which I never took very seriously. I've got a fairly good belt flashlight, but nothing capable of burning the retinas out through the back of a midnight visitor's skull.


I don't take a lot of gear suggestions from GC Guy, but he's been happy enough with his and it did do the job while I was crawling around under S&L's house. It's bright, rechargeable, and at least when new it lasts a long time on a charge. That's all I'm looking for, so I bought one.

To my surprise, it had some charge when I slashed it out of its impregnable bubble pack. (I hate those things.) Not bad for daylight, huh?


1 comment:

Matt said...

Used a light like that years ago to hung jackrabbits at night. Works best if someone else holds it though. I used to hold it in my left hand and rest the .22 rifle on top. It was a little shaky, but gave the rabbits a fair chance.