Thursday, June 16, 2011

No more pencils, no more books...

Yesterday we worked latish, even though we only finished 120 units total. GC Guy insists on doing all the soldering (and I'm pleased to let him) and that produces a natural choke point in the operation so when we bring a batch to soldering that's normally when I go home. So the new day starts with packaging and shipping, and then we start a new batch. Yesterday we were down to our very last 40 circuit boards so we stayed around, soldered and packaged those 40 units, and we were outa stuff. Vacation! We're both heartily sick of wiring stuff together in the hot'n'stuffy GC Central.

It got hot yesterday - nearly 100 degrees - and the thought of doing anything after work more useful than watering M's trees never once occurred to me. I was collapsed in the relative cool of the scriptorium when GC Guy called and said, "you'll never guess what the UPS guy just delivered."

"Aw, crap."

"Yeah. So I'm just saying that if, before Monday, anybody asks about the circuit boards that should have already arrived from Latvia, what are you going to say?"

"'What circuit boards? I don' know nothin' 'bout no steeking circuit boards.'"

"Good answer."

This morning has that same breathless 'it's gonna get really hot' feeling to it. I've got several things I'd like to accomplish before the weekend's inevitable stucco, and I'm going to try to accomplish them this morning because I know damn well nothing's gonna get done this afternoon.

No comments: