Monday, July 4, 2011

This is...really bad.

My loving daughter, knowing I loves me some Queen, sent me the following link in the mistaken belief that I'd enjoy it.

Funny: Before now I always thought she was cooler than me. Maybe motherhood is already having an effect.



I assume it's not some sort of parody...

For those of you too young to know what they're covering so badly...



M just walked through. It seems he's familiar with Vitamin String Quartet (it must be a "young people" thing) and he says not all their covers are as lame as this one. I'll just take his word for it...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it would actually be pretty funny if there was a chior singing along to the string quartet version.

Anonymous said...

No, don't take his word for it. After what he said about the M1A?, Joel....please. All their covers are THAT lame. That however pails in comparison to Pat Boone trying to cover Metallica;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z67IqrmygZY

Anonymous said...

Grrrr....damn internal spell check..... PALES in comparison. See what these idiotic new age BS cover attempts do to the brain!

Buck.

Anonymous said...

Not sure why they are going for such a blue grass sound to this cover, but usually Vitamin String Quartet covers are quite good.

If you want a blue grass cover, then go straight to the source, which is much better in this instance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUPNU3BKsHA

Anonymous said...

I have been told repeatedly throughout my short [it seems] life that I should in all cases learn that ...
"It is infinitely better to keep one's mouth closed and be thought an idiot than to open it and remove all doubt."
BUT Who or what is (a) "Queen"?
[dial-up = no videos]

I like that classic "long haired" rock and roll stuff by those groovy cats named Mozart, Bach and Yee-Haw! Beethoven.

What? Is my age and "out-of-it-ness" showing again?

The last real(?) rock and roll group I remember listening to is Jimmie Hendricks and CSN&Y.
Right after them I left San Francisco for the hills of Montana and Idaho and didn't come back down out of the mountains for eleven years. Since then I have been listening to the M,B&B guys pretty much exclusively.

stay safe,

gooch

Joel said...

Wow, Gooch. Your musical elevator doesn't even go as near the top as mine.

That's very unusual.