Saturday, August 13, 2011

Are the UK Riots "Anarchy in Action?"

Not hardly, though political "thinkers" of all possible stripes seem to be having difficulty finding a spin that works for them.
If true anarchy is present in the riots, and I believe it is, it’s to be found in ad hoc mutual aid societies springing up in affected neighborhoods. People are coming together to defend each others’ lives and possessions, in the absence of political government’s ability to do so or interest in doing so. Anarchy is not society without rules — it’s society without rulers. And it works, whenever it’s required, or even allowed, to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, When I think of Anarchists I think of people like Iloilo Jones, Sunni M., Dare 2 and Mr. Dare...even that scallywag PSM. I can easily see them grabbing a rifle to help a home or shop owner keep the arsonists at bay. I can't see them or Lilp or even your own dastardly self burning anyone down in the name of toppling the state.

Buck.