Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Didn't get much carpentry done...

Got a call from my neighbor H this morning: "Are you coming over to shovel stalls today?" Well, yeah, guess I'd better do that if I want to keep the gig. Which I definitely do, because GC Guy told me we might be out of the geiger counter business except intermittently. So I shoveled shit, then got over to D&L's later than I'd planned.

Only had this one last small and simple cabinet to do, and the plywood for it was already cut out, so I figured I'd knock it out pretty quick. But an hour into the project D came in and said, "I gotta shut you down." I asked why, and he just pointed out the window. Big, low, dark clouds from horizon to horizon. D's shop works miraculously well when the sun's shining, which of course is most of the time except during Monsoon. But for some unfathomable reason they didn't want me using up all their finite juice.

So the boys got out of Gitmo early today, which just devastated them.

No comments: