Thursday, August 4, 2011

Last Part Done.


Lookin' good. Now for the part I really don't like. I've got some puttying to do on knotholes and such, sanding sealer, and sanding. Paint. I hate paint, but sometimes it's inevitable. Probably hang them before I actually paint them, but all that other stuff has to be done first.

Get'em hung, then there's drawers and doors to make. This is the sort of project I find (especially) easy to procrastinate on, so I've got to stay with it. Makin'em was kinda fun, though.

3 comments:

The Grey Lady said...

Joel your cabinets look great!

Completely off topic I was trying to comment at TIS and I kept getting the following error:

Error: You did not enter a CAPTCHA phrase. Press your browser's back button and try again.


Oddly there was no CAPTCHA phrase provided.

Joel said...

Blogger seems to be getting doofusier (more like unto a doofus) by the month.

Matt said...

Making doors for cabinets is the best part, they can be as fancy or plain as you like. Generally having spare doors, but not cabinets, I have often made the cabinets to fit doors on hand. It makes the job a little trickier but still enjoyable.

Fitting drawers isn't hard, the slides on the drawers and the cabintes just have to be perfectly square and perfectly level.