Wednesday, September 21, 2011

By this standard it's just barely possible I'm not white.

Warning: Bad Language and Stupidity.



I knew a guy in Oklahoma who had distilled his racism down to one very simple, easily-digested polarity: There were Indians, and there were non-Indians.  If you weren't an Indian, you weren't shite.  Just to tweak him I pointed out one time that most "Indians" lived in India and didn't even know what a Choctaw was.  He got kinda bent outa shape...

But srsly, I used to have to put up with this shite in Detroit.  Blacks can't be racists because they're victims of racism.  Whites can't be anything but racists, because they're beneficiaries of racism.  If there's logic in there somewhere I keep missing it, but I'm pretty sure logic isn't the point.  Still sounds racist to me, but I'm open to rational explication if such is possible.

4 comments:

Quizikle said...

Detroit: Yep. Born and bred.

I can't say "n.." or I'm racist (well, I can't say "n" - or even acknowledge the word exists - under any circumstances...and I'm racist by birth regardless of any attitudes I may have)

On the other hand, others can say "n" and it's a joke or term of endearment commonly used in popular culture. And "honkey" - which I can safely put in print - and other such terms - are not racist.

There is no "solution" to racism - because it's a power, political, and entitlement term that costs too much to let go.

Who cares about skin color anyway?... if you're not a redhead, you ain't ...

Well, Detroit's still "home" even though I haven't lived there in many years - and I guess the breeding and attitudes stay true.

By the way, I'm amused - but that's a low bar - at the verification word today: "snotsall"
Q

Anonymous said...

People who are full of hate need no explaination. They are full of blame for others and excuses for themselves.
Know who they are, and avoid the toxins. Simple.

Anonymous said...

I resent his remarks.... the ones I could understand anyway. I have not raped or killed anyone for years now.



I hire brown people to do that for me now.


Buck.

Angus McThag said...

If I am to be punished as if I were a racist, and there is no redemption for the racism:

Where's my incentive to not rape, murder or enslave persons of enhanced melanin content?