Thursday, September 15, 2011

So, if I say something like "This makes President Obama appear to be a creepy, paranoid douche..."

Is that an attack?

Yesterday while avoiding work I saw what seemed like six dozen snarky references to something called attackwatch.com. I went there and couldn't tell what the hell it was about. I was supposed to report attacks, or something. I guess.

Anyway, they must have watched enough attacks because now it's gone.

This morning I finally found an explanation. This is, like, the third website the Obama campaign has set up so we can fink on our neighbors for saying nasty things about The Big O. Flag.gov seems to be gone, but fightthesmears.com is still there should you feel the need.

Say what you will about the republican candidates - I can't think of much that's good - at least they don't seem to do things like this. Which is good, because it's creepy. Doing it three times is really creepy. And demonstrates a certain problem with the learning curve.

Here's a very annoying parody:

1 comment:

Carl-Bear said...

attackwatch.com is still there. Given the messiah's disapproval ratings, the server was probably overloadeded by reports when you tried.

Yeah, looking at all the sites he's had set up to report and deflect critics, that's one seriously insecure SOB. Personally, I think he cracked under the pressure early on: which would account for some of his weird statements (the "Louisana Purchase" would help Hawaii recover from the earthquake is a classic).

Hey! This comment should qualify for an attack report.