Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Okay, so now I'm doing the laundry...

Yeah, went out to hook up the hose to the washing machine right after writing the below, and found it frozen. So much for early laundry. Dragged it out to bask in the sun, loaded the chainsaw and tools into the Jeep, hooked up the trailer, and went out to cut down a tree.

It's not much of a tree, but there was some nice wood on it. Not quite enough to fill the trailer, but every little bit helps. Drove it down to the Lair, and as I passed the front I saw the door open. Oh, that's not good. But since nothing is disturbed I guess I forgot to latch it yesterday. I've been moving objects back and forth and it's possible I meant to go back and close the door but forgot. Shouldn't do that. Dumped the wood, came back. By this time the hose was thawed, so now I'm writing this to the sound of clothing being agitated in a tub of water.

The boys think all this coming and going without them constitutes harassment, and possibly contributes to a hostile work environment. I retorted that since they never do any work the point was moot. They suggested a consultation with an attorney might be called for, and I suggested a cellphone with extra-large buttons since they have no fingers.

There's no real danger; they know where the doggie treats come from.

Why yes, I am a redneck. Why do you ask?

3 comments:

MamaLiberty said...

Beats the heck out of a washtub and hauling water back and forth from a well to a wood stove. I've washed that way... and I've had a washer on the porch... I'll take modern machinery every time. :)

My washer now is in the basement, and the folks who built this place made one major error... no drain in the washroom floor! It's almost impossible to drain the water heater, and if the washer or that heater ever leak, I'm in a world of hurt. A floor drain would have been no more work than the shower drain... sigh. Oh well. Still beats the washtub and wood stove routine.

LJH said...

Utah requirements are more stringent - around these parts you can't claim full redneck status unless there's at least ONE piece of upholstered furniture next to the appliances.

Poser.

gooch said...

Hummph
Here in Takes A$$ the upholstered furniture piece Must still be attached to the 1947 sedan that it was made for.

Shade tree is, however, optional.