Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I'm pretty sure I've met this lady.

QoD, from The Adaptive Curmudgeon...
I don’t care if you’re the goddamn genius wonderkind cancer curing God-king of all you survey. You are not “overqualified” at making coffee until you’re good… indeed excellent… at making coffee. The mistaken idea that you are is either hubris or just plain stupidity. Until you can snatch that pebble from the hand of the coffee slinging master…you are a novice. A student. A beginner. A work in progress. No human being is EVER rendered “overqualified” for a job which they can’t yet do well. An overpriced degree doesn’t make you overqualified to serve coffee unless you got a PhD in serving [redacted] coffee. Part of being a fully aware individual is understanding that.
Met her? I may have been married to her at one point. Certainly she's been in my classes.

"Overqualified," my ass. Shut up and quit whining.

No comments: