Friday, January 9, 2009

New Generator!

Well, it's official. After a couple of days of emails flashing back and forth, my landlady has ordered a new generator for her hacienda in the hills. It's a bit embarrassing for a fellow who used to fix these things for a living to have to say, but though of course I've heard of the manufacturers I didn't know they got together to make this class of unit. The engine is a Cummins 4-stroke, and the genset is made by Onan which as far as I know is the finest name in RV generators.

Since it needs to end up in the boonies, the shipper doesn't deliver outside town, I (officially at least) have no wheels, and the whole thing weighs 185 pounds in the crate, the logistics are a bit complex. But it's all been worked out. Really!

Updates to follow...

No comments: