Sunday, April 19, 2009

REALLY reactive targets

One thing happened during my daughter's visit that I'd forgotten about until this morning, when I happened to walk down to the short range.

Daughter and AtH wanted to do some shooting while they were here, and brought fun targets with them. Some cute bunny-face paper plates, and a bunch of dollar-store cans of shaving cream. That last one had honestly never occurred to me. Do you know what happens when you shoot a shaving cream can with a rifle? Well...it makes a mess. It makes a big, instantaneous mess. Very entertaining. And the good news - I'm happy to say, since I didn't know how long the mess was going to last - it does eventually go away on its own, so all you have to clean up is the cans. Though if you have to pick up the cans right away, you've got some really, really gooey clean-up in store.

Wish my camera still worked. It's impressive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget shooting Peeps! They fly through the air when hit, but can take anything up to .44 rifle rounds over and over again. I haven't got anything bigger, maybe they'd stand up to a 50 BMG. I know they'll take multiple rounds from your BUG.

-S