Tuesday, May 12, 2009

How Braveheart Should Have Ended...

Okay, I admit it: I'm the only freedomista I know who doesn't enjoy watching Braveheart. Maybe there are lots of us, hiding in closets all over this great land of ours. Maybe not, I don't know. I'm an individual and I say it loud: Yes, I'm aware that nobody actually knows anything about William Wallace and so making shit up to fill screen time is fine. Hell, the writers would have done that if Wallace had left a five-volume autobiography, right? That treacle about his lost love, I can even overlook that. The crazy Irish guy who says things like "you're fucked" - yeah, that's authentic dialogue right there, sure, but kinda funny, and let's face it you need a bit of comic relief when ol' Mel is about to depopulate medieval England with a broadsword in living color.

But come on. Don't trifle with my willing suspension of disbelief. He porks the Princess of Wales and ends up fathering the next king of England? Just because it's been two hours and you killed off the only other female character in the first act? No. I don't think so.

Sorry.

Just no.

This was mildly amusing, though...

No comments: