Friday, June 12, 2009

New neighbors

The two stakeholders who are moving in arrived early yesterday afternoon after a long, slow but thankfully uneventful trip. There was food and other arrangements to work out, a big trailer to empty, a few tons of stuff to find places for; it's basically never going to end, I think. One of them has been gradually moving his stuff for a month or two, the other came all at once and is a little overwhelmed at the moment.

We left him to his work, getting his lair cleaned out and stocked with that small percentage of his belongings he can use right now. Meanwhile we unloaded the trailer, filled it with trash that's been needing to go to the local landfill (no point wasting a perfectly good trailer), then cleaned it out after the landfill and returned it to the rental place. One of them brought some long patch cords, so I could finally get the wi-fi router moved outside and located where it could get anyone who wanted online. And now I'm out of the scriptorium and back to tapping keys in my lair.

Naturally with all this work to do, it turned really hot early. So we all burned it through the morning, then finished up whatever projects we were working on and pretty much crashed. And that's where we are now; I've got to decide what I'm doing about dinner since nobody else is really up and on-line yet, kitchen-wise. A day or two of my very limited cooking will serve as incentive, I'm sure :-D

No comments: