Saturday, July 18, 2009

I've got work to do while it's cool, but...

My left hand is pretty much back to normal, but the right swelled up again overnight so I can't make a fist. It's better than yesterday, but I was still bleeding all over the wool just from trying to pull on a stumpsock. So I'll still be nursing it most of today, but this morning I've got at least some light work I've got to get done. All the hoses have been stretched between the settled property and the building sites, but I need it back for watering the trees and the garden. That's about half a mile of ridge and sandy flat, and dragging it all out of there will be no fun in the heat so I want to get it recovered and spread back out where it belongs while the clock reads single digits and the temperature merely double ones. After that I'll likely spend today like I did yesterday: crawl into the shade, hug my hand, moan and whine, wait for evening, feel sorry for myself...

Say, maybe Bruno can make room for me under W's house. Right now we're two of a kind. M picked up the water pipe I need to fill that horrifying trench L spent two days digging with a backhoe, and for reasons I don't want to publicly discuss I should get at it, but the thought of going near a shovel handle right now... (shudder)

No comments: