Saturday, August 15, 2009

Framing Party!

Early morning: The boys and I took a trailer-load of last-minute stuff to the site. Today was the day! Neighbors coming to help raise the walls on The Not-So-Secret Lair. I've got all the lumber I need for framing, I hope (Oh, please please please), the weather will cooperate, everybody will show up, all will go well. I decree that it shall be so!

And when something goes really wrong, please let it not be because of some boneheaded thing I failed to allow for.


And the neighbors showed up, bless'em, and everything went fine for several hours.




Buuuut...the loft beams are as far as we got because I didn't realize that I needed the flooring for the loft before we could proceed with the upper framing. So that's where it fell apart.

Undeterred, M proceeded to talk my tired ass into driving eighty miles to get the loft flooring and - while we're there - all the rest of the sheathing we need, and we loaded it into his long-suffering pickup, and tomorrow is another day! A smaller crew, of course, because the neighbors do have their own things. But still, we shall prevail! If all goes as well as today did, two more days and the shell will be complete.

No comments: