Monday, October 12, 2009

Schwarzenegger Signs "Smuggle Ammo Into California" Act

Aren't you glad you moved out of California? Don't you wish everybody (except the sort of people who think things like this are a good idea) did?

New California law tracks ammunition sales
California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has signed a bevy of bills into law, including one that will require ammunition sellers to collect and keep information from all buyers, including a thumbprint, signature and driver's license data.

Internet and mail-order sales will be eliminated, because sales must happen in person. Read the bill here.

The governor's signature reverses his earlier position.

"Although I have previously vetoed legislation similar to this measure, local governments have demonstrated that requiring ammunition vendors to keep records on ammunition sales improves public safety,'' Schwarzenegger said in a statement.
I'll be soliciting investors for my new importation business as soon as my distribution network is in place. Please God I'm not too late, because I'm sure every shooter with a truck in the western states will have the same idea.

2 comments:

CaptGooch said...

Uhm ... Uncle Joel I have a truck in case you need to expand your business or start a night shift or something like that.
Just to let you know.

I also have a converted two horse trailer that can haul a ton safely ... ahem.

Gooch

MamaLiberty said...

Yes, I'm deliriously happy to have moved out of California. Better late than never.

I'm sure all of the bootleggers and gang folks still living there are also deliriously happy over the new "ban." What a boost to their economy...