Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Who's! My! Handsome! Boy!

Well, the clown collar has been off for a couple of days. I told Fritz he was on probation: First time I saw him scratching at that ear it went right back on, but I guess the healing has progressed far enough. For a long time he'd come to me, almost frantic, begging me to scratch his ear for him but it had been a while since he did that so it was time to lose the collar. I don't really believe know that the ear will ever stand up straight and stiff again, but at least the lesions caused by the stitches and bandages have healed now.

I'm a little sad to notice how much easier it is to groom Fritz now that Magnus is gone. Magnus loved to be brushed, and it took physical force to get him to let anyone else have a turn. And with the clown collar it was really hard to get around Fritz to groom him, and he had gotten pretty matted. Today we spent about an hour and a half in two sessions, and I nearly filled a waste basket twice.

That's less than half the hair I got from him. I told him he'd better behave, or I'll take him out and knit another dog that looks just like him.

1 comment:

C.M. said...

Who knew I had sooo much to say today about nothing really? But there is this lady who will knit you something from your deceased animals hair. You shave your animal and then send her the hair, she spins it into wool and knits you a item like a scarf, mitts or a wee blankie, maybe even a cunning hat?....Hey I would never use her, but you know folks have waaaaay too much money when this is a business that earns someone real money and gets you featured on T.V.