Sunday, October 4, 2009

M's Dome Update

With W and the Landlady forming one team and M and me another, we finished the second (vertical) course of rebar on M's dome. Which leaves (only!) one more. Sigh. This one course took over four big rolls of tie wire.

M got all the block, concrete and mortar for the front wall. I'm almost looking forward to the change of pace when we get working on that. But first...more rebar!

I expect the whole thing to just sink into the ground and disappear one night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eye protection! I see 5 perfect places for a nasty accident in that figure, and by implication there are probably 15 or 20 not visible. I'd hate to hear of a dog or worse still a human getting a nasty injury while hefting concrete or block near those rebar ends.

I probably hate rebar at least as much as Joel. Given dogs' fondess for protective eyewear, it's probably easier to put some sort of cover on projecting rebar ends.

Otherwise looking good!

-S

Anonymous said...

Suggestion: Tennis balls only wire them on. either that or start practicing "Piratical Diction"