Saturday, November 7, 2009

Comment on the subject of sheepdogs...

Several months ago I posted a rant on the subject of that "wolves, sheepdogs and sheep" analogy police apologists love to fantasize about. It's a subject I bloviate about from time to time, and having done so last July I didn't give it any more thought.

Well, I've had some email trouble which W just cleared up for me, and going through the cascade of old emails I came upon this one, which was posted just three days ago:
So what you're saying is that you're ignorant? It's a shame since all these sheepdogs have fought for your freedom and protected your little fuzzy white ass while you've been asleep. Danger does not present itself momentarily and then disappear, it is a constant state. Stop assuming your ass is safe as long the wolves and sheepdogs are harassing you. The minute the sheepdogs give up on you sheep, then all sheep, including yourself, are going to get skinned and killed. Stop being so ignorant and start appreciating the men and women who have provided you with the comfort and food in which you survive with. You are no mutt, there is no such thing. You are a sheep and the least you could do is be a good sheep and keep your mouth shut.
Just wanted to make sure it got the attention it deserved. I sure wish people who write things like this would have the courage to use their names. I was going to fisk it, but what's the point? I'll just be a good sheep and keep my mouth shut.

Except to say..."He don't know me too good, do he?" :-P

No comments: